Dear Respected Members and the American-Pakistani community at large:
Assalam o Alaykum
As we enter a new month for the year 2022, we hope and pray that you are navigating well in these unprecedented times of continued uncertainty and anxiety. We also hope that everyone reading this message and their family members of age 5+ are by now fully vaccinated. I wanted to take a few minutes of your time to update you on what is happening around us.
At a Board meeting on January 26, 2022 we decided on the following matters:
1. According to the PAGB Constitution, the elections are expected to be held around March 23rd of every even-numbered year. However, as we took office in June 2020, combined with the present pandemic landscape being where it is, we were advised by some senior members of our Membership to extend our term to June 2022. Hopefully, things will be better by then and we can hand-over to the new Board in better circumstances. The Election Commission would be appointed and the exact date will
be advised in March. However, please note that only paid members in good standing will be allowed to vote and also nominate candidates for the new Board.
2. We will still hold the Annual General Body Meeting on March 26th. Please mark the date on your calendars and stay tuned for details to follow. It will, most likely, again be held on the Zoom platform.
3. Several individuals have approached PAGB in context with supporting / sponsoring Afghan refugee families, who have arrived a few weeks back in the middle of winter. There are two fund-raising events being held in February. Donations are being accepted and should you be receptive to supporting them, you can kindly send your contributions to PAGB for safe onward transfer. We have also approached MCSS in this context and hope to collaborate with them in this humanitarian effort.
4. Let me also share some more good news. A Memorandum of Understanding between PAGB and Lahore Arts Council (AlHamra) is being finalized to promote artistic and cultural collaboration, between Boston and Lahore.
5. Please also allow me to inform you that the current memberships will expire on March 23rd, 2022. You are kindly reminded to renew your annual memberships by that date. We have found that many memberships lapsed in the past two COVID years, as they were not renewed, despite our reminders. Its time to get things regularized. Doing it online through pagb.org is the easiest,
quickest and also painless option, but checks are always acceptable and can be be mailed to:
10 Atherton Road
Hudson MA 01749
Thank you for your time and attention.
On behalf of the Board,
IN SUPPORT OF AFGHANI REFUGEES IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA